Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wanted...A SERIOUS European Travel Buddy...

Okay, so out of frustration I'm posting this ad. I have longed to go to Europe since I could remember. Being an adventurous person, I have always wanted to experience new, and exciting places. The problem is, that I can't find ANYONE serious enough to go with. People want to go, but when it comes down to serious planning, nobody seems interested. I understand that everyone has lives, and families, and before I start my own I really want to experience some European culture. Is this to much to ask people? It's not Zimbabwe...or Timbuktu. It's Europe...home to extremely old societies and architecture. Famous pieces of art, and cultures very different from our own. Who would pass on the opportunity to see a town that hasn't been restored since the Thirty Years War? Or to tour castles where royalty once resided? I know my home won't be complete until I have my very own cuckoo clock from the Black Forest. Sigh. Until I find someone, I'm still going to plan. I will go by myself if I have too. I can be stubborn...and I'm not giving up!

No comments: