Friday, November 23, 2007

The turkey that almost died...


So on the night before Thanksgiving I was driving out to my parents house to spend the night. My Mom has this crazy rule that all her children have to wake up on Thanksgiving morning smelling turkey. So, it was late, and I was tired from the long day. As I was pulling into our driveway, I noticed what I thought was a sack of trash laying in the middle of the driveway. I drove out around "the trash" and started to roll my window down when all of a sudden I was looking into the eyes of a HUGE turkey. Obviously he was taking a rest from being a fugitive turkey attempting to evade inevitable death of being a main course at dinner the next day. But, little did he know that I almost flattened him with my car. I was thoroughly amused as I watched the little guy scramble away across my grandparents yard. It was to good story to pass up for a blog entry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is really ironic...plus I think that kind of stuff would only happen in Kentucky for some reason...