Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stress!

Sorry it's taken me awhile to post anything. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of choas, and I'm glad it's behind me! First, my Gma in Pittsburgh has been in critical condition, so I've spent the last 2 weekends in the Steel City with her at the hospital. She spent a week on a vent, but She is doing 100% better, and has recently been moved to a 'normal' room. The recovery will be long and tedious but she's a fighter, and she has my huge family to keep her motivated.

Finals week was stressful without all the additional worry about Gma. I pulled a few almost-all nighters, and it paid off. Now I get to enjoy my week and a half of summer break before summer classes begin. (They start on Wednesday the 21st! UGH!) I keep telling myself that it's going to be a good summer despite the fact that I'm taking quite a few classes, (5) and I have to drive to Ashland everyday for my Chem classes. When gas climbed up to almost $4, I literally almost passed out. Who can afford that? In the end I get to reward myself by taking biochem in the fall. Whoop...bio majors really know how to live it up!

I have decided on a career move. This was a big decision, and lots of thought and prayer went into it. I've taken the position of ER's unit secretary. I love working in registration, but I need the experience of working directly with the doctors. My new manager has been amazing, and has agreed to cross-train me as a pca which is a type of RN aid. Now when I'm sitting in my future medical school interview, and I'm asked why I want to be a doctor, I will be able to back it up with experience. I'm nervous about my new responsibility, but I love a challenge. Well, I guess that's all for now. Josh's senior prom is tonight, so I will probably post more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that IS a lot going on. I remember taking year round school... it's crazy. Glad your Gma is doing better. Also excited about your new career path!

Unknown said...

i'm so glad to hear your grandma is doing better. hang in there, kristen!