Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dr Kristen N. Porter at your service...

The doctor is in...
Dad is smiling because it took 3 tries to get his IV in and they finally got it! The Steeler hat never came off his head. That's dedication.

I was trying to listen to his heart, but a little secret...the GIANT stethoscope doesn't work.

After we ate Easter dinner, Dad stood up and said "I think I'm getting a kidney stone." He's had so many that he knows the moment that it starts. After an hour or so, the pain continued to get worse, and he started feeling nauseated. Since I work at the hospital, and am comfortable with the ER, I decided to have a bit of fun with my "patient." No worries though, these pictures were taken after he had some pain meds!
He's doing a lot better. Although a CT showed that he has 4 kidney stones. (2 in each kidney). His doc showed me his CT results, and seeing all of it, just makes me want to be a doctor even more! So incredible!

No comments: