Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm 25!

March is one of my favorite month's all year long! Not only is it my birthday month, but it's the beginning of spring! It almost seems like the entire world just wakes up, and comes to life.
I can't believe that I turned 25 a few days ago. I have to admit that having a birthday on St. Pat's Day is awesome. Everyone is in the party mood! This year, I spent my birthday with Ben and my family, shopping, and rocking out at an amazing concert!
Ben took me to see Pillar, Building 429, and Waverly in Cincy. This was my third time seeing Pillar, and they get better each and every time I see them. They played a lot off the new album, 'For The Love of the Game,' and explained the meaning behind a lot of the songs. I think they will always be one of my favorite groups! Building 429 is climbing the charts though. I have two of their CD's and I recommend them to all. On Sunday, Ben and I went shopping in Columbus. He really knows how to spoil me! I had a pre-birthday shopping spree. I bought an amazing Fossil purse, and watch. I have waited to find the perfect purse, and I found it on Sunday. It was like a light beaming down from heaven saying "Kristen's ideal purse!" Needless to say it's mine.

On St. Pat's Day I awoke at 6:30 am to multiple text messages from family. I was born at 6:47, and I think I had 5 messages from my aunts, uncle, and grandfather all before 7. Not to mention a voicemail from my Mom. She woke up at 4:30 am, and started thinking about all those years ago when she was in labor. When I first listened to the message I initially thought that something bad had happened...a message from Mom in the middle of the night usually means a bad thing. But, she was just being emotional, and retelling the story of my birth. I eventually went back to sleep around 8. And the rest of the day went well. I had my automatic car starter installed. I got it for Christmas, but it's finally been installed. I also explored downtown Chillicothe while I was waiting for my car to be finished. Then I came back to Morehead, and celebrated with my family. Birthday cake, balloons, and presents. Mom even bought a crown that said "Today's my special day." Naturally, I wore it all day.

The only bad thing, is that because my birthday was on Monday, I feel like the rest of the week should also be a celebration. So I've been celebrating residual birthday for the last 2 days. We are on spring break from school, so I've been sleeping a lot, and haven't had to work, so I haven't had a lot of responsibility. I think I've caught up for the last month of no sleep. And the break from SCR, was definitely much needed. I was starting to become a grouch! Well, I guess that's all for now. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes! It means a lot to hear from friends and family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi pretty! Happy B-day. It sounds like it was a good one.